The IEA BENEVOLENT FUND was established to provide a Financial Assistance Program for young riders in grades 4-12 who need funding assistance to enable them to take lessons and compete in the IEA. Financial Aid provides support for membership fees, bi-weekly riding lessons, and 5 shows of entry fees, plus potential travel money and entries for post-season finals. The Benevolent Fund also provides emergency funding for our coaches, most of whom host teams through their own lesson barn programs, who experience an unexpected event that impedes their ability to work such as illness, accidents, barn fires, natural disasters, and other unexpected tragedies that translate into a loss of personal business income through the Coaches Assistance Grant.
Unfortunately, each year the need is greater than IEA Operating Funds can support.
Of the $41,360 in Financial Aid awarded to riders and coaches in 2022-2023 – only 17% of that was funded through charitable giving – with the remaining bulk of 83% funded out of IEA Operating Funds.
As operations get tighter with rising costs, these funds are diminishing and cannot be replenished without increased donation and fundraising revenues. IEA has been proud to support nearly 100% of approved applications for aid each year but can no longer sustain this distribution model. We are looking to find NEW SUPPORT so that operational money can be used for operations and donations and fundraising revenues can be used for financial aid.
YOU can help the IEA reach their goal of achieving a sustainable financial aid program long into the future.
Questions about charitable giving to IEA?
Contact IEA Resource Development Director,
Kathy Dando at firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER WAYS TO
GIVE TO IEA
Shop for your horse & rider supplies on State Line Tack using Code PAAPFHA30 at checkout or through the IEA Shopping Link and 7% of sales will go to support the IEA.
WHAT DO YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS PROVIDE?
A tax-deductible donation of $1,800 to the IEA Benevolent Fund would provide FULL Assistance/Support for (1) Rider to compete for an entire season.
IEA Financial Aid Coverage Includes:
In the event of post season competition, additional financial aid will be awarded as follows:
Contributing to the IEA Benevolent Fund is easy to do. Any donation amount is appreciated and needed.
Donations can be made directly online at https://data.rideiea.org/donate/form or if you prefer to send a check, it can be mailed along with a DONATE BY MAIL form to:
IEA National Office
PO Box 809
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022
Because the IEA is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, donations are tax deductible.
Thank you for your support.
When you order books, eBooks, or videos from this webstore link, IEA will receive 15% of your total sale. Stock your equestrian library and raise funds for the IEA!
Over 1,500+ of the web’s best stores participate in this free program, and up to 26% of each purchase benefits the IEA. It’s totally FREE and there are no hidden fees. Just join iGive.com by setting up a free member account using the IEA’s Special Link.
Then Install the iGive Button on your Chrome browser.
Every time you open a new tab in Chrome you’ll be making a difference.
Access hundreds of giving, volunteering, and granting programs at 900+ leading purpose-driven brands through Benevity. IEA supporters can search for Interscholastic Equestrian Association through your workplace giving program portal (Spark). Donors who give through the Benevity platform can create “giving opportunities” for IEA through their workplace giving program. They can potentially feature the IEA to their colleagues and even create peer matching opportunities.
Your employer may pay you for volunteer hours at an IEA Horse Show or maximize your charitable gift by matching your donation dollars! Many purpose-driven companies match employee donations or volunteer hours to the causes that are important to them.
Don’t see the IEA in your corporate giving portal? Nominate IEA for inclusion to your employer!