|Tuesday, November 28, 2023 (Columbus, Ohio) – Inclusive. Equitable. Affordable. Participation in Equestrian sport is often seen as exclusive due to the costs of owning and maintaining a horse and riding equipment. The Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) removes this barrier with our unique draw-based competition format, providing inclusive, affordable, and equitable access to the sport. Please consider supporting the IEA by making a tax-deductible donation this giving season!
Impact of Your Contributions
Your gift will directly support young riders’ ability to participate in IEA competition:
- $30 buys one lesson for a financial aid recipient.
- $50 covers the entry fee at a regular season show for a financial aid recipient.
- $150 covers the cost of providing a horse for Regional or Zone Finals.
- $250 provides the Pony Bar treats for the horses at National Finals.
- $500 covers the cost of providing a horse for the National Finals.
- $600 covers the travel/work stipend for a Youth Board member to attend National Finals.
- $1,000 covers the cost of The National Sportsmanship Award Scholarship.
- $2,000 supports a rider in need of financial assistance to participate in a full season of competition.
- $7,500 covers the facility rental for a Zone Final.
- $12,000 covers the cost of live streaming the National Finals so that members and families not able to attend in person can be a part of the event.
Every Donation Makes a Difference
Every contribution, big or small, can make a significant difference to the lives of young equestrian athletes and the future of our sport. Here are just a few of the ways your gift will support equitable and affordable access for young equestrian athletes, no matter their circumstances.
Supports All IEA General Programming providing flexible and immediate impact where and when it’s needed most.
IEA Benevolent Fund
The IEA BENEVOLENT FUND was established to provide a Financial Assistance Program for young riders in grades 4-12 who need funding assistance to enable them to take lessons and compete in the IEA. Financial Aid provides support for membership fees, monthly riding lessons, 5 shows of entry fees, plus potential travel money and entries for post-season finals. The Benevolent Fund also provides emergency funding for our coaches who are battling an unexpected event that impedes their ability to work such as illness, accidents, barn fires, natural disasters, and other tragedies that translate into a loss of personal business income through the Coaches Assistance Grant.
By supporting IEA scholarships, you’re empowering talented young equestrian athletes with opportunities, like attending specialized horse training programs or pursuing degrees related to their equestrian passion. You’re not just investing in their education; you’re building a future generation of knowledgeable and skilled equestrians.
The IEA YOUTH BOARD was created to provide an avenue for which to hear the youth voice and offer leadership opportunities to our young rider members. The Youth Board consists of elected representatives from all IEA Zones and disciplines. Members serve one-year terms running from July to June.
Thank You for Your Support!
Interested in learning more about how you or your organization could help support the IEA? Contact Kathy Dando at [email protected].
ABOUT THE INTERSCHOLASTIC EQUESTRIAN ASSOCIATION
The Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to promoting lifelong involvement in equestrian athletics by offering a unique draw-based competition format for young riders in grades 4-12, allowing them to compete without owning a horse or riding equipment, providing greater affordability and access to the sport. IEA has over 14,600 members across the United States participating in Hunt Seat, Western and Dressage disciplines. For more information, visit www.RideIEA.org.