Jump to Youth Board:
2018-2019 Youth Board
|Zone 1||Kasi Ray||ABF Equine|
|Zone 2||Amelia Von Korff||Wildwood - Goldcoast|
|Zone 3||Emily Grace Swinson||Fox Run Equestrian|
|Zone 4||Kelly Dickson||Fortitude Farm|
|Zone 5||Emma Carroll||Childress Rodgers Stables Equestrian Team|
|Zone 7||Celeste Fazioli||Blackjack Lane|
|Zone 8||Emily Johnson||Scottsdale Equestrian Team|
|Zone 10||Alex Bischoff||Elvenstar UH|
|Zone 11||Allison Dodd||Second Nature Farm|
|Region 4||Claire Pound||Hammond School Equestrian Team|
|Region 4||Maddie Hawkins||Team Need A Hand|
|Region 5-1||Ava Sinclair||Hidden Hills Equestrians|
|Region 11||Kaylee Luckiewicz||Saddlebrook Equestrian Team|
IEA Youth Board Statement of Purpose
The IEA Youth Board has been created to give adult IEA members and leadership an avenue to hear the youth voice and to offer an opportunity for leadership to IEA youth members.
IEA Youth Board Structure
The Youth Board will be structured as follows:
- Two Youth Board Advisors
- Two Alumni Members
- 10 Hunt Seat representatives and 4 Western representatives
The members will elect from among themselves four officers: president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer. The president and vice president positions will be filled by upper school students.
The IEA Education Committee (EdC) has appointed Sue Wentzel and Sharalyn Prieskorn as IEA Youth Board Advisors for the 2018-2019 competition year.
The student representatives will be elected within their area as described below, and serve a one year term. Past members must apply again.
IEA Youth Board Declaration of Candidacy
IEA riders who wish to sit on the Youth Board must:
- Have two years of IEA experience as an active member (Zone 9 applicants must have completed at least one year of active membership.)
- Submit the official IEA Youth Board application along with two letters of recommendation
- Applicants must choose to run for either Hunt Seat or Western. Cross over riders must declare a discipline for which to run.
- Submit one photo which will be posted with your application.
IEA Youth Board Application
- Applicants will submit their youth board application along with two letters of recommendation, and one photo of yourself, to email@example.com by June 18, 2018. All materials must be sent at the same time in one email. Please do not include additional materials. Your application and photo will be shared with rider members during voting.
- The EdC will review all applicants and confirm they meet the criteria listed above to hold a Youth Board position.
- All active riders will receive a list of eligible candidates along with their photo and application via e-mail from IEA and will elect representatives within their area.
- The results of the election will be announced by end of July 2018.
IEA Youth Board Duties
The IEA Youth Board members will:
- Act as a voice for the IEA membership population
- Meet quarterly via conference call/skype to discuss issues
- Assist with presentation of class awards at IEA national finals
- Assist in social media contributions (online games, contests, activities, photo journals, etc.)
- Maintain an online blog, Twitter account, Instagram, and/or Facebook page
- Promote the #rideiea hashtag on social media through official youth board postings
- Write a quarterly column for Take The Reins
- Represent the IEA as youth ambassadors at various outreach and marketing programs throughout the year
- Research potential scholarship opportunities for IEA members
- Lead a meeting for all IEA members in their zone at their zone show
- Hold one fundraiser per zone per year, with help from each zone administrator and approval of youth board advisor. Funds raised may benefit the IEA, some other philanthropic cause (i.e therapeutic riding), or a combination of both
IEA Youth Board Application
- Completed application form (link to application form is below)
- Download the application and save it to your computer before sending
- One letter of reference from your IEA coach
- One letter of reference from another source (youth leader, teacher, scout leader, etc. -- parents are excluded from being the other source)
- One photo of yourself
If you have any questions about the Youth Board or the application process, please feel free to contact the Youth Board Advisor, Sharalyn Prieskorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IEA Education Committee