Breyer Animal Creations®, founded in 1950, is one of America’s most iconic toy brands. Breyer creates the world’s finest model horses for play and collecting. The Breyer brand is enjoyed by children who love horses and enjoy Breyer’s active role play, as well as adult collectors who love horses and appreciate the hand-crafted detail in every model horse.
Breyer is looking for candidates to fill two positions within its marketing department:
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Community Coordinator to join our Marketing Communications team to support our Breyer collector communities online, at events, and to assist in brand-building web and social media outreach activities designed to increase engagement and drive sales. Our ideal candidate has had previous experience in public relations and loves to share a good story with words, pictures and video. She/he is a social media maven who is comfortable in front of or behind the camera. Creative and efficient, she/he understands the benefits of creating and adhering to a social media calendar and tracking results to grow web traffic, social media following and club engagement.
- Forum Moderator – Engage and update Breyer fans and collectors on BreyerHorses.com forums with timely responses and engage them with lively, up-to-date postings on Breyer products and happenings, along with the real horse world news that inspires Breyer products and marketing activities. Monitor fan feedback and comments for highest level of fan engagement.
- Monitor Social Media Content – Monitor Breyer’s social media outlets on a daily basis (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest)
- Create/Share Social Media Content - Create and share fun, appealing content to drive consumers from social media to the BreyerHorses.com and reevesintl.com websites on a regular basis. Update news sections, blogs, etc. on BreyerHorses.com and Reevesintl.com websites.
- Coordinate content posting/sharing/collection – Maintain content files, curate pictures, blog posts, promotional materials and timely comments for posting.
- Connect – Be passionate about horses, love model horses and become the primary point of contact for Breyer fan base. Monitor model horse hobby and horse industry. Be the expert for Breyer in all areas of our fan base and what’s happening in the digital arena.
- Must be a horse enthusiast with good working knowledge of horses and the horse world
- Strong writer with a knack for spotting good stories and repackaging them for social media outlets and the web. Able to shoot and edit photographs, video a plus.
- Have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, PhotoShop, Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, Instagram and the ability to learn and master new programs. Facility with Mail Chimp, HTML and CMS a plus.
- Have 1-2 years previous experience in public relations or creating social media content for a consumer brand.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a creative marketing approach. Be organized and detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or related field.
Product Development Coordinator
We are seeking an energetic, talented, and experienced Product Development Coordinator to coordinate our Traditional® series models, Connoisseur models, Web Specials and other special run programs from concept to execution as well as coordinate all other Breyer horses and animal models from prototype to production approval. We are looking for someone with outstanding organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to become a subject matter expert on Breyer model horses. This is a great opportunity for an equine enthusiast, model horse hobbyist or Breyer collector who is interested in combining their love of model horses with their proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and successfully navigate a heavy work load.
- Subject matter expert on Breyer molds and models
- Conduct product and horse industry research for concepts/ideation for various programs; gather reference materials; identify options for images to use on packaging
- As model horse specialist, concept and develop required samples through paint department staff and/or outside freelancers for marketing review
- Responsible for Breyer model horse product quality standards -- perform model horse product quality and deco reviews of new master samples, counter-samples and production samples and work with factory to achieve final approved pieces
- Produce required specification sheets for turnover of master samples to factory for quoting and production
- Conduct quote analysis and negotiation for sharpest price with factory for Traditional line and other classes of product as directed
- Prepare research and sample requests for paint deco department prototyping and connoisseur production; responsible for prototype and domestic production quality approvals
- Responsible for complete management of in-house customer programs such as BreyerFest, web, and other collector projects, from prototyping to cost negotiation
- Travel with marketing team to conduct model horse painting or showing activities with public at horse expos
- Maintain complete and tagged archive of all samples
- Horse knowledge a must -- colors, breeds, disciplines
- Ability to discern and articulate subtle differences between prototype and counter-samples
- Photoshop or word skill needed to label photos with comments to illustrate issues as clearly as possible
- Must be very organized and time-sensitive to manage busy workload and schedule with lots of details
- Prefer 2-3 years work experience preferably in consumer products
- Full time, in-house position only (Pequannock, NJ office)
We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in a pleasant, suburban work environment. Some travel required. Please respond with a cover letter, resume and salary history.