Junior Contributing Members in Grades 4 – 12 are eligible to participate in the IEA's program that emphasizes horsemanship skills and knowledge.
Visit the IEA's Frequently Asked Questions for complete details.
Educational Videos Courtesy of the Certified Horsemanship Association
When working around horses, the IEA recommends doing so only when under the supervision of an equine professional.
How to Pick A Horse's Hoof:
Leading A Horse:
Danger Zones Around the Horse:
Equine Vital Signs and How to Take Them:
Information Resources to Prepare for Quizzes
USPC Manuals of Horsemanship:Purchase Basics for Beginners -D
Purchase Intermediate Horsemanship -C
Quiz Release Schedule
- Safety – September 19
- Parts, Colors and Markings of the Horse – October 1
- Grooming – November 1
- Tack and Equipment – December 1
- Basic Health and First Aid – January 1
- Nutrition – February 1
- Bandaging – March 1
- IEA Rules and Regulations – April 1
- Other Disciplines and Equine Associations – May 1
- Final Quiz – June 1