Columbus, Ohio - October 10, 2016 - The Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA), celebrating its 15th season, announced the members of the 2016-2017 Board of Directors today.
Jenny Mitchell of Woodstock, Maryland, is the new President of the Board of Directors and will serve a two-year term in this position. Previously, Mitchell served two years as President-Elect. This is also her second term as Board President (2012-2014).
Nancy Kohler-Cunningham has been elected the President-Elect and will follow Mitchell in two years as president. Kohler-Cunningham is currently the Hunt Seat Program Director and Head IHSA Coach for Alfred University, as well as a USEF "r" judge for Hunters/Equitation. Nancy splits her time between Erie, Pennsylvania and West Almond, New York.
New to the board is Lori Cramer, who is an administrator at Miami University and is also on the Board of Directors for the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) and the United States Hunter Jumper Association (USHJA).
Continuing as voting board members are:
- Wayne Ackerer, Powell, Ohio (Founding Board Member)
- Timothy J. Boone, Columbus, Ohio (Founding Board Member)
- Ollie Griffith, Plain City, Ohio (Founding Board Member)
- Bernie Villeneuve, Concord, Ohio
- Amanda Garner, Dahlonega, Georgia (Secretary)
- Kathy Popp, Ohio (Treasurer)
The continuing Ex-Officio/Non-Voting Board Members are:
- Roxane Durant, Cleveland Heights, Ohio (Co-Founder/Executive Director)
- Myron Leff, Westerville, Ohio (Co-Founder/Chief Operating and Marketing Officer)
- Kathryn Quinlan, Melrose, Massachusetts (Membership Office Manager)
- Sue Wentzel, Silver Spring, Maryland (National Steward)