IEA 2018-2019 Applications!
Open Enrollment through May for the IEA Horsemanship Program
The IEA Horsemanship Program is open to all youth in grades 4-12 who are current members of the IEA. Any youth who would like to participate in the program may do so as a Junior Contributing Member. Registration for the horsemanship program will be available through May of 2018.
Updated Membership Process
We are no longer accepting payments for individual memberships by check.
To streamline the process of applying to the IEA and reduce processing times, the IEA Membership Office has implemented a simple, online 4-step process that includes payment through PayPal using your credit card or PayPal account.
A few tips when submitting applications:
- New for this season - ALL adult members (Coaches, Stewards and Adult Contributing Members) must complete with a score of 80% or higher the IEA Rules Quiz. This 25-question quiz is open-book and designed to encourage a better understanding of the IEA Rules and Regulations.
- PHOTOS OR SCANS FROM A PHONE/HANDHELD DEVICE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- A team is considered complete only when it contains all the necessary documentation. Please review the Membership Checklist for a complete list.
- Printed and signed hard copies of each application will still need to be received by the Membership Office for an application to be considered complete. We recommend sending by a trackable method to insure the delivery of your application. The IEA Membership Office is not responsible for applications that are lost or delayed in delivery.
- All applications require multiple signatures. Please double check applications for correct and complete signatures before submitting them to the Membership Office. Please review the witness signature guidelines available on each application to avoid any delays in processing.
- Proof of Liability Insurance must be included with the Coach application per Rule 2303.1.
- Please allow 15 business days processing time for all complete applications.
Note For Coaches
The IEA is committed to increasing concussion awareness in equestrian sports.
It is important that IEA coaches recognize the signs and symptoms of concussion and head injuries in youth sports participants. To that end, IEA requires that coaches complete annually the free online training course in concussion recognition offered through the National Federation of State High School Associations at www.nfhslearn.com.
Full details can be found on the Coach membership application
|Membership Type||Before July 15, 2018||After July 15, 2018||After Nov. 1, 2018|
|Middle School Team||$125||$150||Not Available|
|Upper School Team||$125||$150||Not Available|
|Both Upper & Middle School Teams||$200||$225||Not Available|
|Membership Type||Dressage Pilot|
|Middle School Team||$75|
|Upper School Team||$75|
|Both Upper & Middle School Teams||$100|
An IEA team consists of at least 1 coach and 3 rider members. Depending on member history with the IEA, the team may be required to host or co-host a regular season horse show according to Rule 2301.9.
Riders are organized by their grade level.
- Riders in grades 6 - 8 compete on a Middle School team.
- Riders in grades 9 -12 compete on an Upper School team.
- A minimum of 3 riders are needed to form each type and level of the above teams.
An IEA Coach must be at least 21 years old and covered by a liability policy that carries a minimum coverage of $500,000 per occurrence. The IEA offers coverage through Equisure that can be purchased through the Membership Office. ($150/year covers participation in IEA events and practices)
Contributing Members are adult members of the IEA. Contributing Members may join a team, be authorized to handle team communications and assist with paperwork with the coach's permission.
Steward Members are adult members of the IEA who are joining to fulfill the membership requirement for eligibility to be hired as an IEA Steward. Please see IEA Rule 6501 for the list of requirements and more information.