Want to start or find a team?
Membership Marketing Coordinator
Congratulations to all teams in Zone 1 for a very successful 2016-2017 regular season! Now that post season is here, there is some very important information that all coaches and contributing members should be aware of. Time flies, so everyone should be wary of deadlines and due dates! Any additional information can be found in the Zone Finals prize list.
- Semi-Finals…these shows are a matter of days away. Every coach should be checking in with the Region President to ensure timely delivery of entries, and of any fund raising contributions. Post season is a community effort! Coaches should be offering volunteers, horses, and any help that is needed to ensure that these shows run smoothly and efficiently.
- All Team Challenge photos need to be submitted by March 1st.
- Zone Finals entries are due March 10th by 5pm. There is NO EXCEPTION to this. If hard copies and full payment are not received by this date, the next contender will fill the spot. (Please reference Rule 5410.) It would be very smart of any coach to fill out the Zone Finals entry forms during/immediately after Semi-Finals and overnight the paperwork to Shara to ensure timely delivery. There are 5 full business days between the last Semi-Final and the Zone Finals closing date, so there is plenty of time to get these entries in.
- Box Seat purchases are due by March 10th. Regular seating in the coliseum is going to be very limited, so reserve the boxes before they sell out! First come first serve.
- Program Ads and Cover Art are due by March 10th. Ads will only be published with full payment. Please email any ads to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Any nominations for Hall of Fame Horse are due to Kathy Gorsky by March 13th. Please send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scholarship applications are due by March 15th to Wendy Johnson. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com. This year I have increased the award amounts to $2,000.00 for 1st place, and $1,000.00 for 2nd place, so tell all your seniors!
HELP WANTED! Volunteers are needed for Zone Finals for the following:
Thursday, March 30.
I am seeking many hands to assist with some heavy lifting. I need able bodied help to assist with unloading a trailer of shavings that will be delivered, as well as assistance with set up in the barn. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Lunch and gifts will be provided!
We need horse holders for Zone Finals! Please email Debra McManus at email@example.com to choose a time slot. All qualified teams/individuals are required to assist with this, so anyone who does not choose a slot ahead of time will be assigned one.
Zone 1 is infamous for having an AWESOME raffle and silent auction at Zone Finals! We need outgoing individuals to help sell tickets, run the 50/50 raffle, and keep track of bids for the fabulous custom IEA Under the Sea jump designed for us from EMS Jump Company! Please email Lauren Donohue at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
I will need volunteers on Friday, March 31st to help organize the draw, as well as during the show I will need scribing assistants to help the steward. Email email@example.com if interested.
Please keep in mind, the hotels will fill up fast for Zone Finals! The Quality Inn has secured a fabulous rate of $83.00/night for show guests. Mention IEA Zone 1 when reserving your room.
Please keep in mind, the Eastern States Exposition is a luxurious new facility for the IEA Zone 1. We need to be respectful of their regulations, which are listed in the prize list. No smoking on premises of the Eastern States Exposition, no dogs, and no outside food or drink are allowed in the Coliseum.
Zone 1 Updates
Regional Allotments to Zone 1 Hunt Seat Finals
Zone 1 Hunt Seat Zone Finals Team Challenge!
New deadline to enter: March 1, 2017
Zone 1 Hunt Seat Finals
April 1 & 2, 2017
Your Zone 1 representatives on the 2016-17 IEA Youth Board
Full Circle Farm