2016-2017 Applications Apply online now!
JR Contributing Membership will be available soon.
Welcome to 2016-2017 IEA Competition Season!
Team and Rider Membership applications are accepted from May 15th - November 1st.
Competition begins September 1st.
Active Youth Members are eligible for:
- Take The Reins, the IEA quarterly magazine.
- The Sportsmanship Award at regular season IEA competitions.
- The National Sportsmanship Award, prize Includes a scholarship!
- Scholarships at the Zone Level.
- Participation on THE IEA Youth Board.
- The National Horsemanship Test.
- Participation and win prizes In IEA social media contests!
Membership has it's advantages!
Updated Membership Process
We are no longer accepting payments for individual memberships by check.
To streamline the process of applying to the IEA and reduce processing times, the IEA Membership Office has implemented a simple, online 4-step process that includes payment through PayPal using your credit card or PayPal account.
A few tips when submitting applications:
- A team is considered complete only when it contains all the necessary documentation. Please review the Membership Checklist for a complete list.
- Printed and signed hard copies of each application will still need to be received by the Membership Office for an application to be considered complete. We recommend sending by a trackable method to insure the delivery of your application. The IEA Membership Office is not responsible for applications that are lost or delayed in delivery.
- All applications require multiple signatures. Please double check applications for correct and complete signatures before submitting them to the Membership Office. Please review the witness signature guidelines available on each application to avoid any delays in processing.
- Proof of Liability Insurance must be included with the Coach application per Rule 2303.1.
- Please allow 15 business days processing time for all complete applications.
Note For Coaches
The IEA is committed to increasing concussion awareness in equestrian sports.
It is important that IEA coaches recognize the signs and symptoms of concussion and head injuries in youth sports participants. To that end, IEA requires that coaches complete annually the free online training course in concussion recognition offered through the National Federation of State High School Associations at www.nfhslearn.com.
Full details can be found on the Coach membership application
|Membership Type||Before July 1, 2016||After July 1, 2016|
|Middle School Team||$125||$150|
|Upper School Team||$125||$150|
|Both Upper & Middle School Teams||$200||$225|
An IEA team consists of at least 1 coach and 3 rider members. Depending on member history with the IEA, the team may be required to host or co-host a regular season horse show according to Rule 2301.9.
Riders are organized by their grade level.
- Riders in grades 6 - 8 compete on a Middle School team.
- Riders in grades 9 -12 compete on an Upper School team.
- A minimum of 3 riders are needed to form each type and level of the above teams.
An IEA Coach must be at least 21 years old and covered by a liability policy that carries a minimum coverage of $500,000 per occurrence. The IEA offers coverage through Equisure that can be purchased through the Membership Office. ($150/year covers participation in IEA events and practices)
Contributing Members are adult members of the IEA. Contributing Members may join a team, be authorized to handle team communications and assist with paperwork with the coach's permission.
Steward Members are adult members of the IEA who are joining to fulfill the membership requirement for eligibility to be hired as an IEA Steward. Please see IEA Rule 6501 for the list of requirements and more information.